Friday, July 17, 2009

Preparing....


In just over two months time, I am heading out on an adventure to dwell in the deserts of Niger, West Africa, apprenticing in Relief and Development! This is a two year commitment and at this point I am experiencing a mixture of excitement and anticipation, as well as a sense of being overwhelmed! There is so much to do! I haven't even really started thinking about packing yet. A girl at work asked me what special things I would be taking with me--special treats that I won't be able to get there. The only thing that came to mind was peanut butter--crunchy peanut butter! Yum!

In fact, at this point it is kind of hard to believe that this will really happen. I've been so caught up in work and my social life that I forget that my life is going to turn completely upside down in just a few short months! But then, aren't we supposed to live in the present?

So, I've never been a big blogger...I tried once before, but I did want a place that I could post more informal updates, so here goes! I make no promises for how frequent or long my updates will be, but please stop by from time to time!

No comments:

Post a Comment