Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fun and Games

Arriving at a new destination just as the weekend is beginning is definitely the wisest choice--it means no work and all play! Okay, well I did attend a prayer meeting, but you can choose which category that falls under ;)feeding my puppy some treats to buy her love

Friday afternoon I met my puppy and had supper with my mentor Lisa. The puppy was scared of me at first and cowered under Lisa's chair, but by the time I left, I'd won her over. She still hasn't moved in with me yet though. From Lisa's I went to movie night, which was really, I guess TV night. We watched "The Amazing Race." Funny, that I who has just come from North America, was the only one of the group whose never watched this particular show. It was fun and I got to meet some people my age!

the cute baby kitty

Today began with Kristi (whose house I currently reside) bringing home a three week old kitten! She's so tiny and so cute!

Then I went out for lunch and an afternoon of swimming with the McIvers (my teammates and my cousins!). We went to the American Club which seemed like a popular destination for the expat community, despite the fact that they inspect your vehicle for bombs before letting you in the gate!

At three, a baseball game began. There is a large turtle that lives on the property, named George, and he likes to wander across the baseball field, mid game, and so I learned today that they've made special rules about what happens when the ball hits George!

Arielle and George

Clearly the entertainment around here comes in the form of animals!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yay. I love your little dog. I hope she becomes a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you arrived in one piece! And also glad to hear you are surrounded by people who love you already!

    ReplyDelete