Wednesday, October 21, 2009

When Life Comes Full Circle

When I was a little girl growing up in Brazzaville, Congo, my parents taught at a Bible school. This school used the Masterlife curriculum, and so, every so often, our team would spend an afternoon in the air conditioned room at the American Recreation Center, walking around tables, collating the work books for the Bible school students. Despite the fact that this sounds like work--and on the weekend no less--I have fond memories of these times and can even remember being excited for the first time I got to use the xerox machine to print of the pages of these books!

there I am, assembling my workbook

So, upon my arrival in Niamey, Lisa invited me to join the French Bible study she was doing with Cecilia and Boubicar, a man who works for the office. It sounded like a good way to jump back into French study and so I joined. My first day of Bible study, named Le Chemin de Maitre, Lisa opened up her leader's guide and showed me that written on the first page was my mom's name. We both thought this was a little weird, so I emailed my mom to find out about this book. My mom wrote back to me and said, "Rebecca, Le Chemin de Maitre is Masterlife!"

So somehow, our books from Brazzaville, Congo made their way up to Niger, with a layover in Benin, and now here we are, using them here. I may very well have assembled the workbook sitting on my desk, over thirteen years ago! Indeed, life has come full circle!

Le Chemin de Maitre, sitting on my desk in Niger

3 comments:

  1. I am a homeschool mother in Texas, USA and I ready your blog regularly. I pray for you and your mission work. May God richly bless you and those around you!

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Rebecca that certainly does bring back memories - good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... that even included ME! You are a blessing Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete