Thank you Grandma for:
-the wonderful example you set for me in your undying love for Christ
-for venturing off to Africa as a young single woman to serve God and creating a wonderful legacy for your family.
-taking care for me for those days while Mom and Dad traveled home to claim me, your little Blue Eyes
-for those summer days that Justin, Jodi and I would spend with you, learning Bible verses, playing games and our annual viewing of "The Sound of Music."
-for teaching me how to make bread, buns, verenika, and rol kuken (or however you spell that)
-for letting me keep a room as "my room" in your house when I headed off to my first year of college and my parents headed back to Africa.
-for loaning me your car during that first year of college when I'd come to Three Hills to visit, even though you didn't warn me that the speedometer was in miles and I did some major speeding until I clued in to that fact!
-for making me my favorite tapioca when I got my wisdom teeth out and I couldn't eat anything else.
-for letting me help you in your garden when I was little, even though I probably did more damage than good!
-for teaching me funny German words that made me laugh
-for making me "kids tea" and when I was a little older, making me tea in your fancy china cups and passing on the 'great wisdom' of Mrs. Clutterbuck.
-for all the stories you'd tell me of your adventures in Africa
-and most of all, for your love and prayers! I will miss you lots!



Hey Rebecca,
ReplyDeleteTouching post for a cool Grandma. Glad I'll be able to meet her one day. Praying that the hurt will be quickly swallowed up by the peace and joy that comes with knowing you still have an eternity to look forward with her.
Take care,
Ace.