Thursday, April 14, 2011

Yes, it's me, the delinquent blogger

Yes, I know, I've been rather absent from the blogging world.  My camera is sort of on the fritz and since I like blogs full of pictures, I've felt like I haven't had the raw materials to create a blog post...okay, but I know that's just an excuse. I've been alive and well, busy with the girls' school and life in general.  However, my latest adventure was a trip to Ghana and I have pictures to share!

In Ghana, the Mobile Member Care Team was offering a workshop called "Sharpening Your Interpersonal Skills."  Most of my team has been through it and it just seemed like a good thing to have under your belt, so off I went to Ghana.  While the conference was really good, evening spent with new found friends and a few days at the end spent with my godmother made for an exceptional trip!

 Alace, a fabulous lady who works in Gabon, with our delicious, freshly caught lunch on the beach!

 Lisa, Alace's teammate, Merinda and her daughter Jenissa and me on the beach! 
I love the beach!!

Bush bunnies meet the big city:
 Posing with the pirate statue in this big fancy store

 Eating the display in the flatware section. Yummy :)

 plus a spot o' tea

 Thai food---mmmmm, pad thai! Delish!!

 Who can resist playing with the chopsticks when out for Japanese??

 "Trust me, you're going to love Turkish Delight" --Lisa's famous last words

 After Eights were needed to forget the memory of Turkish Delight

 pizza delivery!!

 it's North American style pizza!!

 our Sharpening Your Interpersonal Skills workshop--what a fun group!

 and our fabulous facilitators

Every workshop should be followed by a day at the beach!

 Our own little market at the beach

 Introducing our vendors to wasabi peas :)

 Traditional drumming and dancing--amazing!!!

 Trashy Bags!! 
 check them out at : www.trashybags.org
 Cuppa Cappuccino!
Thai food for the second time--who can resist?!

All I can say is that I highly recommend that everyone visits Ghana, and every trip should include wonderful people like Alace, Lisa, Lynn, Marion, Richard, Merinda, Patience and Sherri and many many others!!  Thanks for a fabulous time and wonderful memories!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good times in Ghana! Miss you! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete