wow...so it's less than three weeks until I board that big metal bird and wing my way across the world! My extended family on my mom's side came over today for lunch as a final hurrah! before I leave. Everything is beginning to feel so official and with that comes a wild jumble of emotion!
now that I've been finished work for a month and I feel relaxed and rested, I'm beginning to feel restless and am feeling like things should move faster. I'm ready to start the next chapter of my life. while sitting at home and spending time with family is great, they've all got their purpose and their work that has to get done, while I sit idle. I've never been very good at sitting still--okay, i sit still just fine literally, but figuratively, I like having purpose, I like having something to accomplish and I haven't had enough of that lately.
however, at the same time, i feel like i've been talking about returning to africa for so long and now that it's finally within reach, it seems so unbelievable that it's time for me to pick up my newly settled roots and transplant myself again. I have loved my time in Canada, and I love my family and friends dearly, and I think we've all experienced the sadness and heartache of saying goodbye to those we cherish.
So this departure is bittersweet, but I am comforted in knowing how supported I am in this call, and I know that if I were to have to postpone my departure, I'd be awfully disappointed, so I am confident that all things are pointing in the direction that says, "this is what you are meant to do." and so with that, I embrace the challenge and welcome the unknown!
No comments:
Post a Comment